September 1, 2015 - by Tom Federico
This morning we released a major update to the site, probably our biggest single release ever in terms of the amount of code that was changed and added. We’ve been working on it since April.
As a result, two significant changes went into effect. Here’s a quick summary.
August 31, 2015 - by Tom Federico
Update Tuesday 9/1 10:42 am ET: Our mobile-friendly site is now live! Enjoy. It’s sure to have at least a few issues we’ll need to fix, so if you see anything that looks off, please email us at email@example.com.
Before football season starts each year, we typically recap what we did over the summer, kind of like what you used to do for your fourth grade teacher on the first day of school.
Here’s our later-than-usual 2015 version, with some very important news for all of our users.
Sadly, we didn’t spend our entire summer eating hot dogs and riding the Turkish Twist at Canobie Lake Park. Instead, we’ve been working on a big project we’re finally ready to launch.
August 20, 2015 - by Tom Federico
I’m happy to announce that TeamRankings has renewed its partnership with FanDuel, the industry leader in daily and weekly fantasy sports contests for real money prizes.
As we head into the 2015 NFL season, we’re excited to continue to participate in the rapid growth of the daily fantasy sports market. After working with FanDuel for a year so far, we can say that they are a partner whose integrity, transparency and strategy we respect.
Here’s a recap of what we’ve done so far with FanDuel, and a quick overview of where things are heading in the upcoming weeks and months.
August 18, 2015 - by Seth Trachtman
Hopefully you’re as pumped up for the 2015-16 NFL and college football seasons as we are.
If you’re curious when we plan to release our preseason predictions and rankings, Football Pick’em Picks and NFL Survivor Picks products, NFL betting picks, or other information such as football schedules and odds, here’s a quick breakdown of when you can expect them.
NFL Launch Schedule 2015
Note: The dates below are estimates, and depend on the availability of data from third parties. As always, we’ll do our best to beat these targets, but we can’t commit to any firm launch dates.
Sunday, August 30
- NFL free info (schedules, matchup pages, team and player pages, Week 1 odds*, etc.)
Thursday, September 3
- Preseason NFL rankings and season projections
- NFL game predictions and most likely NFL upsets for Week 1*
- NFL betting picks for Week 1*
August 13, 2015 - by Seth Trachtman
Are you ready for some football? After a busy summer, we’re excited to announce the release of our football packages for 2015.
If you’re new to the site or just curious to learn more about the premium content we offer for football season, here are the football related products covered by our premium packages:
Here’s a more detailed breakdown:
December 19, 2014 - by Jim Pagels
With just two weeks left in the NFL season, the playoff races are coming down to the wire. Here’s a quick-hit list of weekly highlights from the vast array of NFL content we publish on TeamRankings. We’ll also share some predictions and picks for Week 16 and beyond.
Our NFL Week 16 contest is open! Total prize pool $6,249. Claim your spot now.
Power Rankings Update
- Pats widen lead on #1 spot. After New England’s dominant 28-point home win over the previously 11th-ranked Dolphins, the Patriots are now rated as almost a full point better than #2 Denver on a neutral field.
- Green Bay’s ranking stands pat despite loss. Because of the huge lead the top four teams had on the rest of the league heading into last weekend, #4 Green Bay retained its ranking despite its 21-13 loss to the Bills, but the gap between the Packers and #5 Indianapolis narrowed a bit.
December 4, 2014 - by Tom Federico
Back from a the Thanksgiving week hiatus, here’s a quick-hit list of weekly highlights from the vast array of NFL content we publish on TeamRankings. We’ll also share some predictions and picks for Week 14 and beyond.
Our NFL Week 14 contest is open! Total prize pool $2,249. Claim your spot now.
NFL Week 14 Power Rankings Update
- Pats still #1, Denver close. New England’s 5-point road loss to Green Bay only had a minor impact on the Patriots’ NFL-leading Predictive rating, and New England remains our #1 team, although now only by a hair over #2 Denver.
- Chiefs slide extends. Denver’s better than expected result against Kansas City provided some more supporting evidence for #12 KC’s only modestly above-average rating by our system, after a preceding loss to awful Oakland. The Chiefs got as high as #9 in our rankings two weeks ago (still not close to elite), but alas, it was fleeting.
November 20, 2014 - by Tom Federico
Here’s a quick-hit list of weekly highlights from the vast array of NFL content we publish on TeamRankings. We’ll also share some predictions and picks for Week 12 and beyond.
Our NFL Week 12 contest is open! Total prize pool $2,249. Claim your spot now.
NFL Week 12 Power Rankings Update
- What a difference a week makes. Denver’s unexpected 15-point loss to St. Louis coupled with New England’s 22-point win over Indianapolis has altered the balance of power at the top of our Predictive ratings. New England had been gaining in recent weeks, but now it’s a virtual dead heat for the top ranking, with the #1 Broncos leading the #2 Patriots by only 0.2 points.
- Four teams separated from the pack. After another blowout win, against a good team this time, #3 Green Bay (the top gainer in our ratings in Week 11) is now only a point behind New England, and #4 Seattle is about a point behind the Packers. So we’ve got a clear cluster of four teams at the top of the NFL ratings right now, and it consists of Denver, New England, Green Bay, and Seattle.
November 13, 2014 - by Tom Federico
Here’s a quick-hit list of weekly highlights from the vast array of NFL content we publish on TeamRankings. We’ll also share some predictions and picks for Week 11 and beyond.
Our NFL Week 11 contest is open! Total prize pool $2,249. Claim your spot now.
NFL Week 11 Power Rankings Update
- Denver back to form. After returning to form by crushing Oakland, Denver retains its position as the clear #1 team in the NFL, 2.5 points better than #2 New England in our Predictive Ratings.
- Humdrum week overall. There wasn’t much huge movement in the rankings based on Week 10 action. Green Bay was the biggest winner ratings-wise, climbing one spot to #4 and increasing its rating by 1.4 points after destroying Chicago. Our ratings have been relatively high on Green Bay all year, but they still tail #3 Seattle by a little more than half a point, after a strong Seahawks result too (38-17 over the Giants).
November 6, 2014 - by Tom Federico
Here’s a quick-hit list of weekly highlights from the vast array of NFL content we publish on TeamRankings. We’ll also share some predictions and picks for Week 10 and beyond.
Our NFL Week 10 contest is open! Total prize pool $2,249. Claim your spot now.
NFL Week 10 Power Rankings Update
- Denver still on top. Denver still rates as a decently better team (by 1.8 points on a neutral field) than New England in our Predictive ratings, and retains the #1 ranking. One game does not a season make.
- But the Broncos took a big hit. Still, the loss in Foxboro was a bruiser for the Broncos’ Predictive rating, which suffered the second biggest decline of any team this week (-1.3 points). However, Denver was rated far enough ahead of any other team in the rankings coming into Week 9 that the Patriots still didn’t leapfrog them.