Super Bowl Predictions 2013: Picks, Props And Key Stats For The Big Game
January 30, 2013 - by Matt Woods
After 256 regular season games and 10 playoff games, we’re down to just the 49ers and Ravens left fighting for the Lombardi trophy. With the Super Bowl almost here, we wanted to present a breakdown of all the Super Bowl predictions and prop bet advice we have available on the site. Some of this information is free and open to the public, but most is only available as part of our new premium packages.
Super Bowl Betting Picks
Including playoff games, both playable (2-star or better) NFL spread picks and playable NFL over/under picks are profitable for the season. Our playable totals picks have particularly excelled, going 56-33-4 (62.9%, +17.9 units) for the year so far. For the Super Bowl, as of Wednesday evening, our models see a spread of San Francisco -3.5 as relatively efficient, but the over/under is playable at 47. All of our 2013 Super Bowl betting picks are available to our All Star level subscribers.
Super Bowl Game Winner Pick
Our game winner pick for the Super Bowl is available for free to all users. In the battle of Harbaughs, our models give one of the brothers about 2-to-1 odds to beat the other.
Super Bowl Prop Bets Analysis
Over the last two weeks in our premium NFL forum we’ve analyzed a variety of Super Bowl prop bets to determine where there might be some real value. If there are any Super Bowl prop bets you’re considering, just post them in the forum and we’ll do our best to give you our data-driven analysis. So far, we’ve looked at:
- Who will win the coin toss & who will receive the opening kickoff?
- Will the first turnover be a fumble or interception (or no turnovers)?
- Who will score first?
- Will the first team to score win the game?
- How long will the first punt be?
- What will be the exact margin of victory?
- Total score range
- Plus: Using stat power ratings to evaluate stat over/under props
Super Bowl Squares Strategy
Super Bowl squares are the definition of a random game when played by the most common rules (that is, you must buy your squares before the digit values of rows and columns are assigned, and those row and column values are also assigned randomly), but there are still a few approaches to consider that could increase your options to profit through some creative wheeling, dealing, and hedging.
Super Bowl Odds & Line Movement
Here you can see how betting odds at offshore sports book Pinnacle have moved over time. Odds and line movement information is free to all users:
Super Bowl Team Stats & Comparisons
If you’re looking for additional prop bets advice, or just want to see lists of the strangest Super Bowl prop bets available, try these sites:
- Las Vegas Hilton: Full List Of Super Bowl Prop Bets
- Vegas Watch: The Most Ridiculous Super Bowl XLVII Props
- Sports Insights: Which Super Bowl Props Are Offering The Most Value?
- Stats In The Wild: Super Bowl Squares Outcome Frequency (Also from HSAC)
- Football Prospectus: Super Bowl Squares: How To Win Your Pool At Your Super Bowl Party